Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hardest week of my life

So I have had one of the hardest weeks of my life. It has been a whirlwind of emotions. On April 21 we went to the doctor for our first appointment which we had been atticipating for a long time. We were able to see the ultrasound of our little "butterball" but unfortunatly there was no heartbeat. That was the most devistating news we could have heard. I felt like I was in a movie or something. That first night was especially difficult because it was our 3rd anniversary. I had had the brilliant idea to schedule it on the same day to make it extra special. Unfortunalty it was exactly the opposite. We were still able to go out to eat and enjoy the evening as much as possible. The next day we went to another doctor just for a second opinion. There was still no heartbeat so we prepared for a procedure to make things less painful for me. The doctor said that there was probably something wrong genetically with the baby and this happens in about 20% of pregnancies. Thankfully we got pregnant pretty fast the first time around and as the doctor told Jeremy, "Her anatomy looks good". So he said that in a month or 2 we should be good to go. Now we are just praying for a healthy baby.
Healing physically was much easier that emotionally but through all of this I have been trying to stay on the bright side. At least I won't be pregnant in the summer. I have also realized what a wonderful support system I have. With it being our 3rd anniversary, this whole experience has reminded me why I married Jeremy. He is the most supportive, sweet, caring, wonderful, amazing, thoughtful husband ever!!! He is so perfect for me and I realize that more and more everyday. We also have an amazing family and group of friends. I wouldn't change telling everyone we were pregnant right away because we were able to celebrate and be excited about the baby God gave us. For some reason it was not meant to be and we were able to be surrounded by everyone that loves us. It has made this situation so much easier to deal with. I definatly thank God for each person in my life and I know He has the best plan for us, we just have to be patient.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Abs, I'm so sorry to hear this :( I know there's nothing really to say but you always know I'm here for you. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete